Pre-K | Kindergarten Essentials
Teach respect for oneself, our peers, our elders and our materials and environment.
Set up and guide children in activities that require cooperation, turn-taking and teamwork such as projects, experiments, and group games.
Promote children's creativity, imagination and problem-solving abilities through projects, art materials, music, literature, etc.
Develop children's self-confidence by...
- offering appropriately challenging activities, materials and experiences
- encouraging children to construct curriculum with teachers
- providing time for repetition and practice, giving each child personal attention.
Enhance children’s ability to communicate by presenting many occasions for...
- talking about meaningful experiences
- representing ideas through drawing, construction, dictation, writing and play.
- Reading and discussing books and their own stories
Help children learn to follow multi-step directions and handle transitions by...
- having realistic, consistent expectations
- using humor
- offering many opportunities to "try again."
- Develop children’s ability to choose, focus on and complete tasks.